It's been a long & busy week and now I feel like ice-cream

/
0 Comments
Wow, where did that week go? On Sunday it will be only three weeks until I depart! The scary reality if that threre are only 12 days left at work (one of those is a training day) It would come as no surprise tho those who know me that I am working hard to get all my projects up to date and in good shape to hand over.
Tonight I am just sitting back relaxing in my pjamas. It's raining and I am not so interested in taking the little dog for a walk tonight (much to his dismay). I am tired but know there are things to learn and practice (and do) before I leave on my epic adventure. I need to practice my blogging so that it is easy and seamless for me while I am away.
I am keen for some ice-cream though, and the more I think about it the more I think I need some!
I will practice this post and try and get an early night. I am pretty up to date with my trip rganising and am ticking off my final arrangments. I got a lot done at work this week and I have been surprisingly productive before and after work and have even found a little time in my lunch breaks.


have been pleased with my efforts including;
1. Finally got around to organising my travel insurance (yeah)
2. I have purchased my Euros and a little back up stash of American dollars and pick them up on Monday
3. I have advised my bank I am going overseas (so they don't cut off my cards if I use them)
4. I have booked a final hair cut (and a contingency colour if I need one)
5. Checking in all my hard copies of travel my documents (and e-copies on my iPad)
6. Final locks and security for my luggage are now all sorted
7. I got a small money pouch which I can tuck away and a coin purse
8. I have made a decision to leave the zip-on bag which attaches to my larger Osprey wheeled travel bag. (It can't lock all the zip parts down) and fear that I will be inclined to over pack if I keep it "zipped on". It is now officially "zipped off" and staying behind.
9. Reviewing all my packing and the official test "weigh-in" will happen this weekend. (Crunch time). I am not going to leave it till the last minute only to find I have to make crucial decisions about what I have to leave behind.

What's left to do?
1. Purchase a flash card for my camera and work out how to use the two-card system. I want a larger back up flash-card and a smaller SD card (I will shoot and save doubles) larger files and smaller files. I need at least one flash card and then I need to make sure I understand how to actually do that! (So that will keep me busy).
2. I need to practice more with my new camera (generally).
3. I think I need to go into the city on Saturday afternoon and visit Paddy Palin (I am looking for a small storage container) but I need to have a little browse just in case there is something that I may need.
4. I need to walk a bit more to and from work (so I aim to do that one day next week)
5. Keep learning to blog on my iPad (I have decided all new posts should be done exclusively on my iPad) which is such a lovely little piece of technology and such a pleasure to use. I have a mini, with a full size apple key board and a stand. But will save my photos for Spain!
6. Pick up my cash.
7. Check my accomdation in Bilbao and my flights upon landing in Barcelona.
Note this page will be deleted before I go. it's just me prattling on while I practice. It's neither informative or interesting IMHO (in my humble opinion).!




You may also like

No comments :

Don't be shy, leave your comments here

Powered by Blogger.