Testing a new post from my iPad

/
0 Comments


I know it's only a matter of time before I work out how to make this pretty little blog template sing.
There are some limitations to what I can and can't do using the Blogger App on my iPad. Posts will be relatively simple however, creating new pages isn't possible using the App. At least I understand the limitations before I head off!

Above is a photo of my passport, Nikon waterproof camera, Lonely Planet Guide Book on Spain of course and my John Brierley Pilgrim's Guide to the Camino de Santiago - The Way of St. James. I also have a large symbolic shell (which I may leave behind and get a smaller one when I am in St. Jean). I eventually decided to ditch the Nikon only to reduce weight and space as it would mean two battery chargers and if I can't use my new camera I can use my iPhone.

Below is my gear (at of 7 April). It is unlikely to change too much but it is likely to change a little in the last few weeks and days as I continue to weigh it and weigh up what I want to bring versus what I need to bring! Generally speaking (unless I have left a bag at home by accident) I don't tend to pack light. I don't really know that I would give myself 9/10 on this challenge, but I most definitely have made improvements.

This test page was about taking photos, moving them off my SD card and onto my iPad and publishing the rest of the page on my portable holiday technology.
I am hoping that I will work out the "Gallery" function as these photos just look like I have "plonked" them in.

I have chosen Osprey bags as my travel companions. 
My purple one as my day pack and my larger bag is on wheels but can also be carried as a back pack. While I am on the Camino, this one will be ported. I am taking one walking pole as my hands will be full with my camera for many parts of the day. If this doesn't work for me I will buy a second walking pole.

For added travel security I have purchased a Pacsafe Exo-Mesh 

Tripod
It's very light and was only $20, I may regret taking it, I may regret leaving it behind.
I am not sure if this little friend will fit... still contemplating that one.

I really am happy with my three packing cells (they are just like drawers) and are keeping me focussed on what I want to bring versus what is necessary to bring.

My Keen sandals will come in handy during the warmer days and to give my weary feet some respite.

Below is my 2lt Osprey water bladder which will tuck nicely into my purple day pack.
I have tried it out on my walks round the lake with Laurel and her dog Gabby and also going to and from work. 
Carrying 2 litres of water is quite heavy. I am not sure if I will fill it all the way up every day to be honest. 
It's a handy piece of equipment and I like it very much never-the-less. 

I have decided to ditch the additional (smaller) back pack which zips onto my larger wheeled bag. 
(See below) the smaller back pack is handy and zips off but will be difficult to keep securely locked.

I may also be inclined to pack more so best to leave it at home.


You may also like

No comments :

Don't be shy, leave your comments here

Powered by Blogger.