First few days of travelling alone...

/
1 Comments
Will I have time to blog in the first few days?
Between Mother's Day (Sunday 10 May) and when I officially start walking the Camino (Thursday 14 May) I am going to be extremely busy and slightly overwhelmed I would imagine..
I have the 5km Mother's Day Classic to do with my wonderful son in the morning and depart from Canberra at 5:10PM. Then I have a long wait in Melbourne airport and head off to Barcelona (via Doha) at 10:55PM. The truth is, I probably won't have time. The morning will be spent running the 5km Mothers Day Classic and then zooming home and, time permitting take my little four legged companion once round the block before I have a shower and a quick bite to eat then out to the airport.
So here are some thoughts before I head off.It will take me a long time to get to my destination and undoubtedly I will be very excited and probably quite tired. My first adventure upon landing in Barcelona will be to fly to Bilbao and spend two nights there. I have booked a grand place in the city and treated myself using my Qantas Frequent Flyer points. I really want to visit the Guggenheim Museum and figure "why not? I'm in the neighbourhood". Bilbao is approximately 195kms from the start of my Camino in St Jean Pied de Port. I am so close it would be such a shame to pass by without stopping in. Plus there's that giant dog I need to pat!
If I can I will post photos of my own but here's two taken by some professional that I found on the web. It's good practice before I head off on my journey!



Posting this now gives me a bit of breathing space as I settle into my epic adventures.



You may also like

1 comment :

  1. I hope your morning at the Mother's Day Classic went well. My family said they passed the runners on the Commonwealth Avenue Bridge this morning on their way over to Pialligo for Mother's Day breakfast - which I hope by now you have also partaken of. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave your comments here

Powered by Blogger.